Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Giver. Book Review

Hello, dear reader,

This is my review about the book called The Giver



Some short information  

  • The Giver is a children's novel by Louis Lowry
  • The book was published on 1993
  • The book has six awards: 
Awards
Preceded by
Missing May
Newbery Medal recipient
1994
Succeeded by
Walk Two Moons
Preceded by
The Man Who Loved Clowns
Winner of the
William Allen White Children's Book Award

1996
Succeeded by
Time For Andrew

The Plot

The book describes the story of the young, 12 years old boy, called Jonas. He lives in the strange for us community, where everyone is living by the special rules. For example, a child has to choose his job at the age of 12. For that reason, there are certain ceremonies every year. Before the ceremony of 12, a child visits some places connected with his future job. Spending of time like that is called "The Volonteer Hours".
But Jonas is  afraid of his future. What if he wouldn't be given a job he wants? What would happen to his best friend, Asher? 

My opinion

Now I'm still in process of finishing this book, but all I can say is that it is one of the best books I've ever read. The author introduces to us new difficult words, what for me, as for the foreign student, is very important. I hope you will like this book and this author, Louis Lowry.



No comments:

Post a Comment